Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

News from Cypress Park Library

Hello Cypress Park! I'm Erika Caswell, the new Senior Librarian. I was appointed in late March, and I hope to bring you updates on our collections, resources, programming, and other events of interest happening at the library. I'm very happy to be here and look forward to getting to know the community.

We now have a new book section! It is located near the Citizenship Corner, right by the Information Desk. Currently there are only a few titles on the shelf, but check back for updates. We purchase books, music CDs, DVDs, and other materials every month and receive packages daily, so look there for new fiction, non-fiction, and staff picks.

In the coming month, I will be writing reviews of materials, especially cookbooks and nonfiction. I am an avid cook, and I frequently check out cookbooks from the library to test them before deciding to purchase them for personal use at home. I'm also an avid reader, so I'll be posting about new and noteworthy fiction titles as well.

If you have suggestions for what to buy, please email us at cypprk@lapl.org and let us know. We welcome any and all input that you can provide to make our library more relevant to your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment