Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A patron who makes my day

All of us who work at libraries have interesting stories and experiences it seems. When I first started working as a librarian, one of the things I did was keep a journal recounting my experiences and observations. Sadly, as I got more busy, the journal went by the wayside....But thanks to Art, we have this blog so I want to start writing about interesting people and events. 

Here's one:  there is an old man who comes into our library, usually about an hour before we close, and always to read the LA Times. But as he passes me on the desk, he either only nods hello or tells me something like, "Your hair looks especially nice today!" That's when I know I'm having a good hair day. It is a small thing, but it makes my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment