DEADLINE FOR APPLYING 9/30/14
The purpose of the Student Zone is to help students complete their homework and to succeed in life. The position is for 12 hours a week, Monday-Thursday, from 2:30-5:30. Pay rate is $12.16 per hour.
- Good computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Create a positive learning atmosphere
- Able to work independently
- Able to maintain a regular schedule
- Familiar with LAPL Databases and resources
- Ability to work well with teens and children
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other library employees and deliver excellent and courteous public library service to users. Perform (but not limited to) the following duties:
- Encourage and assist students (grades 4-12) to complete their homework
- Register students who participate in the Student Zone
- Train and assist students in using the Student Zone computers
- Recruit and train Student Zone Student Volunteers in their duties
- Supervise Student Zone Student Volunteers
- Assist students in adhering to the library rules of behavior and rules of conduct.
- Assist librarians in maintaining records of participants, collect evaluations, sign-up sheets, and assist librarians in preparing report of the Student Zone, etc.
- Assist librarians to determine what apps/computer programs will best suit the needs of the users of Students Zones
- Alert librarians when Student Zone supplies run low or go missing
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish is preferred
APPLICATIONS ARE AT THE REFERENCE DESK