Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tony's Two Cents

       Anthony spends a lot of time in our library and because he himself is a drummer he can usually be found in our Young Adult music section. He's agreed to review some of  the CDs that can be found and checked out here at the branch and share his opinions with other teens and, well, anyone reading this blog. We'll be posting "Tony's Two Cents" every Tuesday. Let us know what you think. 



   
     Let me start off saying that “A Day to Remember” is a really good band. I prefer it as hardcore metal (genre) because I think that's where they are at their best. Their songs are a mixture of singing and screaming and that's what I like. My of my favorite songs is “My Life for Hire” on the “Homesick” album. If you were to listen to this song, you might find their music to be a little too aggressive but that’s how they define their emotions. My personal rating is a 5 star. Go check this CD out for yourself at the Cypress Park branch!






Have you ever felt depressed but happy at the same time? If you have, you have to check out “Mastodon”. Their “Crack the Skye” shows an alternative mood throughout the whole album. I thought they were pretty cool but not as cool as A Day To Remember but hey, at least they even have their own style. Mastodon always works at a fast tempo so it makes the whole mood of the song change really quick. What I found to be really cool about this band is that one of the guitarists uses a banjo in some songs. I was really surprised because I bet you haven’t heard a banjo in an alternative band besides “Mumford and Sons”. I say you check this cd out…. NOW!!!!!!! :)

Anthony Meza is a regular patron at our library. He enjoys playing video games but making music is his main interest. You can keep up with his short stories at imaginefreely.wordpress.com

1 comment:

  1. Really nice post thanks for posting that stuff. I like that kind of amazing and useful posts thanks for sharing.


    Anabolic Steroids

    ReplyDelete